Court by Mail
The following can be handled by mail:
Driving Safety Course (DSC):
You may qualify for a mandatory deferral of a traffic citation by taking a Driving Safety Course which is approved by the Texas Education Agency.
- Request on or before the due date on citation
- Have a valid Texas driver's license and insurance
- Have not completed a DSC course in the prior 12 months of receiving your citation for the purpose of ticket dismissal
- Have not been cited for 25 mph or more over the speed limit
- Defendants with a commercial driver’s license are not eligible for Defensive Driving or Deferred Disposition
Submit a Plea Reply Form (click link and print) along with the following items to the court:
- Proof of liability insurance
- Copy of valid Texas driver's license
- Court cost amount of $109.10 in the form of a money order or cashier's check. If the offense occurred in a school zone, the court cost amount to include is $134.10
- Within 90 days of being granted DSC, you will be required to present a certified copy of your driving record, a notarized affidavit to the court and a certificate of completion.
DO NOT COMPLETE THE COURSE UNTIL THE COURT HAS GRANTED YOU THE PERMISSION TO DO SO. PLEASE CONTACT THE COURT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
There are a number of citations that may be dismissed upon proof of compliance to the Court. Please review the Compliance Dismissal List.
Failure To Maintain Financial Responsibility:
A citation for Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility (liability insurance) will be dismissed if written proof of financial responsibility is presented to the Court who is effective for the vehicle while it was being driven by the defendant at the time of the citation.
For general ticket and court information please call: (979) 826-8838
***Court is scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays***