Driving Safety Course (DSC)
You may qualify for a mandatory dismissal of a traffic citation by taking a Driving Safety Course which is approved by the Texas Education Agency.
- Please request by mail or in person, on or before the court date written on citation.
- Have a valid Texas driver's license and insurance at the time of the citation.
- Have not completed a DSC course in the prior 12 months of receiving your citation for the purpose of ticket dismissal
- Have not been cited for 25 mph or more over the speed limit
- Defendants with a commercial driver’s license are not eligible for Defensive Driving.
Submit a Plea Reply Form (click link and print) along with the following items to the court:
- Proof of liability insurance
- Copy of valid Texas driver's license
- Court cost amount of $144.00 in the form of a money order or cashier's check. If the offense occurred in a school zone, the court cost amount to include is $169.00
- Within 90 days of being granted DSC, you will be required to present a certified copy of your driving record, a notarized affidavit to the court and a certificate of completion.